Bayt Surik town
The village of Bayt Surik rises 820 meters above sea level, dating back to the pre-Roman era. The village was mentioned in the Middle Ages as Bethsurit, and there are in its vicinity more than 25 archaeological monuments, tombs, caves, and springs such as Al-Ain Al-Tahta, Ain Loza, Ain Alik, and Ain Al-Balad, Sitna Athbah Cave, Ain Jamil and Khirbet Al-Hosh (both confiscated by the Israeli occupation). There are also Khirbet Al-Wahsh, Khirbet Al-Maran, Khirbet Al-Bawaba, Khirbet Al-Jabal, and the shrines of Sheikh Abdul Aziz, Sheikh Hussein, and Sheikh Abdullah. The old town contains 84 buildings, most of which are in good condition and used after part of them were restored. Most of the town's residents have been displaced since 1948 from Beit Shanah, near al-Qastal. The town was considered a road to the city of Jerusalem, and this area was famous for growing fruits.